Wednesday, April 23, 2008

23 april

This blog is mainly for times when I am either bored or procrastinating. Right now I am doing the latter. I would like to come on here every once in a while to blog what I am feeling or thinking. I tend to find my mind very active with random thoughts and this is the perfect place to put those obsessions to rest. Therefore I will talk about what is going on in my life right now, nothing very exciting I might add. I am almost done with my sophomore year of college, something that I never thought I would accomplish three years ago. I am pre med and therefore trying to figure out how to fit in about 20 lab classes in 4 more semesters - something I will not most likely be able to do. What bothers me about this is the fact that I cannot take other "fun" classes that I desire to take. I would love to continue in spanish or take another language, and maybe do some art classes. Unfortunately with GEs and biology classes, I cannot really fit anything else in. This is on my mind right now because registration is coming up on Monday. I was very angry with my university because they changed the order of registration times based on what year you are in school. For some strange reason, the freshman are registering before those who are of junior status. From my experience, I would think that upper classmen would have more specific class requirements and thus should be able to register first. They try to remedy this by only allowing freshmen to register for lower level classes, but that does not help when a lot of the pre med requirements are lower level classes such as physics and chemistry. I do not like complaining too much about classes because I should be able to take them eventually, but the university needs to realize that many people are unhappy with this situation. With the last couple of weeks of school comes the mad rush for projects, essays, and tests. Therefore I have been very busy the last couple of weeks, hindered by the fact that I contracted the flu last week. I still have a lot more work to do including homework, an impossible biology lab report, and studying for the multitude of tests that are coming up. Hopefully I will be able to get it all done and still stay sane. It also seems that with business at school also comes a very heavy social calender. I have about ten things going on this weekend, which does not really help my stress level - even though I am not a very stressed person.
I change my habits regularly, especially when it comes to what I do to pass the time. At the moment, besides school, the only thing I do is read and watch movies. I am currently reading Skeleton Crew by Stephen King which I absolutely love. I love his short stories, maybe even more than his novels, and I cannot resist the gore and violence. I enjoy many other types of books as well, but I tend to go through phases. I have not watched too many new movies lately, mainly I have been rewatching old ones that I miss. I saw The Philadelphia Story the other day and I fell in love with it again. The movies in the 40's were very different from ones today, and I find myself relating to them more. I also love the old Hollywood actors and actresses, they had such a glamour and presence that I do not see in modern cinema. I recorded the Third Man, one of my all time favorites and I am looking forward to watching that soon. Another movie I just experienced was Schindler's List. I had heard that it was an amazing movie, but I try to reserve judgements for myself. After watching it, I knew it was going in my top 10 list.

No comments: